Saturday, 22 August 2026

#cyberpunkcoltoure - Status Update

 I finished a Beta version of one of my to this point most significant prints:



 As you can see I must have run out of Gold colour Filament and I have to confirm that. 

I also learned that Support Trees have to be as straight vertical as possible, because the software does not calculate lever effects for leaning ones. Then they break at 50% before the overhangs no matter all adjusted settings.

The Graffiti block is simple and in need of almost no support trees, being leaning flat during print and having only straight verticals.

The Clown is actually hard to print, by is Sandclock shape. From a first look, upside down creates more vertical trees and should create a better result. The design is created fro0m my infamous picture having used a free token from an online tool, but by now I have installed an open source Terminal based one, just not further tested beyond the successful sample picture.  https://github.com/VAST-AI-Research/TripoSR

The Graffiti OpenSCAD code can be found in this blogg. It uses the installed set of fonts on your Linux machine.

#j4v #cyberpunkcoltoure