Incorporated with DeepSeek
**Sour Circuit**
The rain didn't fall so much as hang in the air, a cold chemical mist that turned the road into black glass. I had the camper parked under a dead oak on a firebreak outside a village that no longer existed on any map. The light pollution overlay on my left screen was a solid black smear. No city glow, no highway sodium, no drone landing lights. Just the deep, honest dark of the broken European countryside.
Inside, the camper smelled of ozone, old synth-coffee, and a faint citrus-chemical tang from a test can of yuzu-lychee basil that had burst in my cooler three days ago. I didn't mind. It smelled like money.
My deck—a rebuilt Sony CT-760 with black-market fiber-optics—sat on the fold-down table, cables running to a satellite uplink hidden in the roof rack. Three screens. One for the light pollution map and drone traffic. One for the Matrix host I'd carved from a hijacked corporate server. One for the agents.
I'd named them like strays. MURMUR, the market scout, scraped social feeds, recipe forums, and search data through a cracked Horizon API. ALCHEMIST, the R&D agent, spat out formulations from a stolen flavor-industry database. HYPE, the content agent, generated can designs and vertical video scripts faster than any overpaid agency. HOUND, the B2B outreach agent, worked distributor databases and influencer DMs. And OPS, the quiet one, handled logistics, fake bills of lading, and shipping manifests.
I cracked a Horizon social-scrape API. I cracked a logistics database in Rotterdam. I cracked the plant's production scheduling host in Hai Phong. I cracked it all from the camper while parked in the dark.
I had forty-one nuyen left on my main credstick and a second stick under the floor panel with enough for maybe three tanks of biofuel. That was the whole war chest. Seven weeks ago I'd been a SINless degger—deckers too cheap to rent a coffin, too paranoid to stay in one grid—running petty datasteals in the Vienna sprawl. Now I was the CEO, chief technology officer, and entire marketing department of a beverage company that didn't officially actually exist.
The scheme was simple. I found an idle canning line in Hai Phong through a logistics leak on a dark Matrix node. The plant manager, a man named Duc, had never met me. He thought he was dealing with a shell company registered in the Caribbean, represented by a friendly AI voice and a fake SIN with more layers than an onion. I used a forged maintenance contract to book the line for a "test run" of 50,000 cans. The cost per can was so low it was almost a rounding error.
I never met Duc. I never met the distributor in Rotterdam who bought the first 20,000 cans. I never met the fitness influencer in Manchester who white-labeled the next 30,000 under her own brand, Kairos Fuel. The agents did all the talking. My voice never existed. My face never existed. The name on my current registration was Klaus Varga, a dead Bulgarian trucker whose identity I'd bought from a ghoul in the Vienna sewers. I was a ghost with a satellite uplink and a credit line.
The white-label hustle was the best part. A fitness influencer in Manchester wanted her own Bloom-style line. She handled the marketing, the face, the trust. I handled the liquid. She paid me 1.20 nuyen per can. My cost was 0.04. The math was a weapon. The product shipped from Hai Phong to Rotterdam, then to her fulfillment center in Liverpool. She never asked where it came from. The HOUND agent's voice was warm, professional, and entirely synthetic. She thought she was talking to a customer service rep named Lena. Lena didn't exist.
Tonight MURMUR had flagged a trend. In Berlin and London, the Matrix was frothing over a flavor: spiced hibiscus lime with a cold-chain monk-fruit finish. ALCHEMIST had already generated the spec: 0.6% citric acid, 3.8% monk fruit extract, 0.2% smoked lime peel oil, a dash of hibiscus concentrate, all in a 330ml aluminum can with a matte black base and neon-green typography. HYPE had already produced 200 short-form videos using simsense filters and stolen lifestyle footage. HOUND had already sent 1,400 hyper-personalized pitches to gym chains, independent grocers, and Amazon FBO aggregators in the UK, France, and the Scandinavian Union.
It wasn't cheap. I'd burned through three stolen corporate API keys and a data broker's monthly subscription that I'd acquired by threatening to leak his other clients. But the agents ran lean. The whole operation drew maybe 4.2 kilowatts, most of that from the camper's solar array and a small hydrogen fuel cell I'd scavenged.
I took a sip of the test can. The tartness hit the back of my throat like a small electric shock. It tasted like a chemical bomb. Kids would love it.
The trace started at 03:12. OPS pinged my PAN with a yellow flag. Someone was running a backtrace through the Rotterdam distributor's supply-chain data. Not a petty competitor. The query pattern was too smooth, too patient. Corporate. Maybe Aztechnology's beverage division, maybe Horizon's brand-protection unit. They'd noticed a new product with no corporate registration, no market history, no human face. They wanted to find the ghost.
I killed the satellite uplink's active handshake for sixty seconds. The light pollution map was still black. Good. I was parked in a dead zone outside a decommissioned coal plant in the Silesian badlands. No local Matrix grid, no cell towers. Only the satellite. If they triangulated the satellite, they'd get a grid square maybe twelve kilometers wide. That was enough time to move.
I jacked in. The Matrix hit me like cold static. My persona—a featureless grey figure with no shadow—dropped into the shell host I'd rented from a Bulgarian data haven. The corporate spider was already inside, a sleek black-and-gold avatar shaped like a chrome panther. It had found the edge of my network. I let it. I'd left a breadcrumb trail that led to a fake persona registered to a dead man in Marrakesh. The spider pounced. I detonated the breadcrumb: a logic bomb that dumped garbage data into its trace logs and sent a false kill signature to its overwatch. The spider's avatar flickered. It thought it had found the operator. It thought I was dead.
It didn't leave. It was too professional. It started scanning the host for secondary trails. I dropped a piece of Black ICE I'd pulled off a dead Yakuza decker's deck. The spider hit it and recoiled. But not before it launched a tracer of its own. The tracer was fast, a razor-thin line of code chasing my exit node. I burned the node, dumped the host, and jacked out. The deck's cooling fans screamed. My cybereyes stung. The tracer died at the edge of a black hole node in the Berlin grid.
I started the truck. No headlights. The camper's night-vision overlay painted the road in green ghosts. I drove east, toward the darkest patch on the light pollution map, a stretch of forest between two dead industrial towns. The map said no light for forty kilometers. No drones. No cameras. Just trees and the wet hum of the road.
Once, a border drone passed overhead, its searchlight cutting through the mist. I killed the engine and sat still. The drone's spotlight swept the road, paused on a dead fox, moved on. I waited until the light faded, then drove without headlights for another hour.
By dawn I was parked under a concrete overpass in a forgotten corner of the Banat Free State. The light pollution map showed a tiny grey smudge from a distant village. I didn't care. I set up the uplink again, re-established the network. The agents had been busy. MURMUR had found a new trend: yuzu-lychee was already fading, replaced by smoked cherry tamarind. ALCHEMIST had already generated the spec. HYPE had posted 300 more videos. HOUND had closed two white-label contracts with a Dutch gym chain and an American Amazon aggregator. OPS had shifted the next production run from Hai Phong to an idle line in Chittagong, Bangladesh, using a different shell company and a different fake SIN.
My main credstick pinged. A payment from the Manchester influencer's escrow account: 18,000 nuyen. More money than I'd made in two years of datasteals. I didn't smile. Smiling was for people with faces.
I sat in the cab, drinking a warm can of spiced hibiscus lime. The tartness hit the back of my throat like a small electric shock. Outside, the world was still black. The light pollution map showed only a sea of dark. That was the trick: the brightest things in the beverage game weren't the cans. They were the attention. And attention had a switch. I'd learned to turn it off.
The camper's engine ticked. The agents hummed in their little silicon brains. I was a decker in a pick-up bed camper, driving through the broken EU, selling sweet and sour to a world that didn't know I existed. And that was exactly how I liked it.
The dark was the only honest place left and I'd soon buy a camping trailer to start saving for a boat with a nice cabin.
I bought an Airstream. Not the polished silver kind you see in synthwave feeds—mine was a 2027 Globetrotter shell I pulled from a repo lot in eastern Hungary, sanded to bare aluminum, then wrapped in matte carbon-fiber weave that swallowed light like a hole in the world. I removed every reflector, swapped the LED running lights for blackout infrared, and bolted a fold-down faraday cage over the roof hatch. It wasn't about nostalgia; it was about becoming a dark rectangle that even military-grade optics would dismiss as a shadow.
Size didn't matter. That was the trick. Eighteen feet of riveted aluminum held the entire operation—the deck rack, the satellite uplink, a water tank, a chemical toilet, and a hammock strung over the server shelf. The agents didn't need floorspace; they lived in a slab of hot silicon the size of a deck of cards. MURMUR, ALCHEMIST, HYPE, HOUND, OPS—all my synthetic children humming in the dark, whispering deals in languages I didn't speak to buyers I'd never meet. The Airstream was small enough to thread through forest tracks where no truck could follow, light enough to hide under a collapsed barn roof, and anonymous enough to pass as a forgotten tourist relic on any road that still had cameras. But small also meant the water ran out in three days and the battery bank in five. It meant no real shower, no standing room, no room for error. The Airstream forced me to keep moving, to resupply only in the black zones, to avoid the bright places where the grid watched.
I learned to read the light pollution map like scripture. The left screen showed a false-color render of Europe at night: a cancer of white and yellow spreading from the megacities, the autobahn corridors glowing like diseased veins, the droneports blazing blue. I routed only through the black. That meant no truck stops with their sodium floods and facial-recognition cameras, no highway rest plazas with charging pads and biometric vending machines. It meant fueling at derelict farm pumps where the transaction was in nuyen, not SIN. It meant sleeping in abandoned quarries, under collapsed bridges, in the shadow of decommissioned wind farms. The Airstream's small size made it possible. Its small tanks made it mandatory.
One night the map failed. A new solar farm had gone up outside a village in the Banat, its perimeter lights a white dome that wasn't on any database. I came over a rise and the Airstream's matte shell caught the edge of the glow, flared like a signal flare. I killed the lights and reversed into a drainage ditch, sat still while a corporate security drone swept the road, its spotlight painting the asphalt. The drone paused on the Airstream's hitch, then moved on—maybe the matte wrap fooled it, maybe it was just bored. I sat there for two hours until the light pollution map updated from a satellite pass, the new installation a small white scar on the black. I made a note: never trust the old maps. The bright places were spreading. I had to stay darker.
While I waited, HOUND closed a contract with a chain of cold-pressed juice bars in Copenhagen. The confirmation pinged on my internal display, a line of green text. The money hit my credstick—14,000 nuyen, net. I transferred half to the boat fund, a shadow account registered to a dead Panamanian shell. The other half went to a fuel cell supplier in the Schwarzwald who didn't ask questions. The Airstream's battery bank hummed. MURMUR flagged a new trend: burnt orange and smoked sea salt, a flavor that tasted like rust and regret. ALCHEMIST had already generated the spec. HYPE had already produced a hundred vertical videos using simsense filters and stolen drone footage of the Baltic coast. The operation ran itself while I sat in a ditch in the dark.
A boat with a nice cabin. That was the endgame. Not a yacht, not a floating fortress—a forty-foot ketch with a diesel auxiliary, a small galley, a proper bunk, and a satellite uplink hidden in the mast. I'd anchor off the coast of some stateless archipelago in the Adriatic or the Black Sea, run the agents from a solar array on the deck, and never touch land again. The sea had no light pollution. The sea had no borders, no traffic cameras, no drone patrols. The sea was the ultimate dark. The Airstream was a stepping stone, a metal cocoon just big enough for a decker and his machines. Size didn't matter; only the dark did. And the dark was the only honest place left.
#cyberpunkcoltoure