Monday 21 June 2021

Cyberpunk Meta Creatures

So, there are no Vampires, Orks or Trolls, but some call a short human Dwarf and nothing can be at two positions at the same time in this real world.

Well, quantum physics tells apparently that some stuff can be at the same time at two different physical locations and if you ever worked minimum wage or saw someone else get the rise for your idea and intellectual property the existance of Vampires appears quite real even here.

I am not into quantum physics beyond the movie “What the bleep - Down the rabbit hole”, but I know for sure managing blood suckers. Chaos Theory caught me so.

Chaos theory is where mathematics and philosophy meet. I was way more interested in the philosophic parts than in creating algorithms and formulas on any kind such as predicting the movement of a water atom coming out of a pipe, how chicken would move if a child would run towards them in opposite to John Nash the mathematician the movie “A beautiful mind” is all about.

Chaos is simple. Chaos is a system that you don’t understand. That means you do not see a structure, therefore it is chaotic. When I was a child that might have helped me sometimes arguing about tidying up my room if I would have been in any way up for a discussion with my parents. So, I am Cyberpunk because I liked computers and information as soon as I understood what they do and I do what I want - period.

Mysticism and more popular fairy tails are describing for centuries Vampires and other creatures that are called Meta Humans in the dark future Sci-fi world. Considering that I never saw a particle myself at two different locations at the same time, but respectable sources tell that there are, I do honestly consider the existance of Meta Creatures at least here in this Blog.

Even so no one ever tried to bite me doesn’t mean there is no one that would try and in times that some for real try to start a discussion on the earth being flat, I guess Vampire talk is not that bad.

Fairy tails and religious mysticism are supposed to prepare and teach about life and how to live it. If you tell the quite brutal story of Hensel and Gretel written down by the Brothers Grimm to your child there is pretty much no way the child will get in any car of a stranger without giving him a proper fight and getting into mysticism will teach you to accept that there are things we cannot understand, that it is better to do good than bad and that life has a deeper meaning, if you just try.

In the movie about John Nash he proofs mathematically that the best for your ego is the best for your ego and the group you are within. Pure egosim won't cut it, becuase Darwin taught us about the rule of survival of the fittest, like Newton about grafity. I would like to philosophically add that that group is surrounded by another group or most likely several others and that doing bad to bad is good. So, according to Charles Darwin, life is based on survival of the fittest which was interpreted incorrectly by Adolf Hitler as survival of the strongest.

Pulling this all together, you will be better of in a group of bad people taken them down even so you go with them, because there are other groups surrounding in an overall system based on good is better than bad.

If there are Vampires in the real world, they missed that point, I guess. If anyone managed to live for ever he received quite a punishment which he will understand the moment a Cyberpunker locks his “bed”.

If I was a player in a dark future adventure instead of the Game Master, I always choose a Street Samurai character based on an Ork or Troll depending on the system used. Orks and Trolls are physically stronger than normal humans and usually in most systems one is the more stupid but muscular the other the more intelligent, but more human like creature compared to a human with some more resistance or ability towards magic. I liked the action part having a smarter than humans character with military grade biotech enhancements being able to log directly into a smart connection and tactical AI supported gun, rifle, tank or even chopper when protecting the hacker, magician or just destroying another gang or any kind of secured facility the straight forward way. Yes. I admit, I am a Rambo fan ... The simplicity is striking.

 

Me (alike) ... a sinner of the worst kind.



https://jawedel01.wixsite.com/kountry-gaming/copy-of-shadowrun-1
I did not create this character above and I am not aviliated with this page. It supposed to give you an example and me the good feeling that Pen and Paper Role Playing Games are still lifting imagination, beside teaching social skills, strategic planning and tactical theoretical execution of 2nd commandment like actions.