Thursday, 12 September 2024

In a close future

They called me Mr Fearless in my last job. Than town got empty and finally the Cities tumbled into chaos. 
I stayed. 
Yesterday I got an email. An old buddy asked, if I was still in the area knowing I had family real estate and no real other place to go. 
Turned out another old friend got stuck on a vacation trip in an Air BnB in town suffering from panic attacks hiding in the apartment after four consecutive weeks of heavy fog and heavy rainfall. He did not dare to drive away nor take a train to leave to Lisbon where he had found a new job. 
It would be four hours driving until reaching a TGV station and he'll make it to an airport. 
I kinda enjoyed it I in way that made me feel guilty driving through the night him next to me making use of the fog lights first time ever for more than two minutes.
Actually, I turned them off only in the outskirts of Strassbourg.
That motherfucker did not even say Good Bye or Thank You when he entered the train and vanished in the car. 
At least I got some fuel money for the way back, too.